- How did you become interested in the Shikoku Pilgrimage? Where did you hear
- What is your profession?
- When did you perform your pilgrimage?
- How did you travel the route? (e.g. bus, walk, car)
- If you have performed it multiple times in different ways, what was the
between the different methods?
- What did you wear on the pilgrimage? Traditional white or otherwise?
- Do you feel that your outfit/clothing choice made a difference to your
- What do you define as a pilgrim and who is a pilgrim on the Shikoku
- How were you treated on the trail? (Also, was it like everyone else or
- What was your relationship with other pilgrims, ordinary people and monks?
- (For those who cannot speak Japanese) Did you find your inability to
communicate freely a difficulty on the pilgrimage route?
- Why did you perform the pilgrimage and the Shikoku Pilgrimage in particular?
- Did the pilgrimage live up to your expectations?
- How has performing the pilgrimage affected you?
- Has performing the pilgrimage influenced other parts of your life?
- What does the Shikoku Pilgrimage represent to you?
- What does it mean to take part on the pilgrimage?